NUS School of Computing
Muhammad Nauman Shahid is a doctoral student of information systems and analytics at the NUS School of Computing. Before joining NUS, he earned a MS in Intelligent Systems from Peter the Great Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University and a BS (Hons) in Computing from Federal Urdu University of Arts Sciences and Technology. Additionally, he earned a Master’s degree in Project Management from Comsats University Islamabad.
Shahid has a diverse range of professional knowledge in the corporate environment. In the Improving Parliamentary Performance in Pakistan (IP3)initiative, which was sponsored jointly by the British Council and the European Union, he served as a Young Parliamentary Associate (YPA). Prior to that, he held a number of positions, both private and public.
His research interests include blockchain technology, cultural entrepreneurship, and artificial intelligence. He has published 11 scientific papers in two international journals and five international conferences, was the co-author of a book chapter (IEEE), and wrote several freelance articles for traditional media and online outlets. A trip-maker, culinary genius, and explorer of different cultures and traditions, he is also a Cessna pilot. Guests are always welcome to experience his warmth and friendliness.
- Blockchain technology (Orientation: Computing, Information systems)
- Initial coin offerings (Orientation: Information systems)
- Cultural entrepreneurship theory (Orientation: Business, Information systems)
- Intelligent control and mobile robots (Orientation: Comp eng.)
- Signal analysis & machine intelligence (Orientation: Comp eng.)
- Signals and systems (Orientation: Telecom eng.)
- This section is lengthy and will be updated soon.
Shahid, M. N., & Hahn, J. (2020). A Cross-Disciplinary Review of Blockchain Research Trends and Methodologies: Topic Modeling Approach. In Proceedings of the 53rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
Shahid, M. N., & Kralli, M. (2020). Understanding the Influence of Cultural Dimensions on the Interpretative Ability of People to Infer Personality from the Avatars: Evidence from Cultural Dimensions of Greece, Pakistan, Russia, and Singapore. In Proceedings of the 53rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
Shahid, M.N. (2020). Conceptualizing Multidimensional Reputation Evaluation Model for Crowdsourcing Participants: Blockchain Design Perspective. 29th Annual Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS).
Malykhina, G. F., & Shahid, M. N. (2017). Simulation on a Supercomputer of Fire Detection System Having Two Levels of Temperature Sensors. In Измерения в современном мире-2017 (pp. 70-78).
- Dissertation – MS Computer Engineering (Field of study: Intelligent Systems)
Shahid, M. N. (2020). The Role of Internet in Corporate Reputation Management. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- Dissertation – MS Project Management
Shahid, M. N., Abbasi, M. A., & Rasool, M. A. (2020). 900 MHz GSM Mobile Jammer. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- Dissertation – BS Computer Science (Field of study: Telecommunication Systems)